Book our space
Lighthouse is a not for profit arts charity that provide a programme of training, talks, exhibitions, commissions and education initiatives. If you were to rent a space from us you would be supporting our artistic programme and talent development schemes.
Located in the heart of the North Laine, Brighton’s vibrant cultural quarter, surrounded by great bars and restaurants, Lighthouse is just a ten-minute walk from the train station and the sea front.
Our events team provide first-rate support, as well as professional audiovisual equipment.
Our venue is following Covid19 safety procedures and has been reviewed and ratified by an external Health & Safety advisor.
“The Lighthouse team were excellent, the location was ideal and all the refreshments were outstanding. Will definitely look at coming again.” – University of Sussex
ROOMS FOR HIRE
The Digital Lounge is a large multi-purpose space in the Lighthouse basement, the space is suitable for presentations, seminars, screenings and workshops. Whilst we are following Covid-19 safety guidelines we cannot accommodate parties, events with physical activity, alcohol or loud music/noise.
Digital Lounge Capacity:
To allow for physical distancing of 2 meters the capacities of the Digital Lounge are as below. 12 classroom / 8 circle/ 7 horseshoe. Room size: 76 sq metres.
Digital Lounge Rates
Mon-Fri: Half Day £160+VAT / Full Day £290+VAT
Non-profit discount 25%
Projector: Optoma ZH506 resolution 1080p full HD – 16:9 presentation ratio. HDR and 4K compatible with a brightness of 5000lms. The projector is set up with an HDMI or VGA lead and we can provide the following adaptors: HDMI to VGA, HDMI to Apple mini display port, HDMI to USB-C.
Speakers: The room has a surround sound speaker which you can connect to through a phono lead.
The Lighthouse venue is fully wheelchair accessible. A maximum of two wheelchairs are allowed at a time in the Digital Lounge.
The Reception Area is a shared space available for breakouts and catering when you book the Digital Lounge. The space is also available to hire in the evenings and at weekends.
Projector: Acer P7500, resolution is 1080p full HD – 16:9 presentation ratio. The projector is setup with a VGA lead and we can provide the following adaptors: VGA to HDMI, VGA to Apple mini display port, VGA to USB-C.
Speakers: 4 speaker sound system
• Individual water jugs and glasses will be made available for all attendees
• You are welcome to bring your own drinks and lunches with you. Please get in touch for any local recommendations.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Lighthouse is following all Covid-19 safety advice for venues, our Covid-19 policy and procedures have been reviewed and ratified by an external health & safety advisor.
• Covid risk assessment of venue reviewed and ratified by external Health & Safety advisor
• Enhanced cleaning procedures, meeting rooms and touch surfaces cleaned and sanitised before each event
• Meeting room equipment sanitised before the event, flipchart stand, pens, tables chairs
• Room formats and occupancy numbers limited to ensure physical distancing of 2 metres
• Hand sanitiser as you enter the building
• Hand sanitiser available in the meeting room and throughout the venue
• Events team trained in Covid safety
• Events team will wear face coverings
• The Digital Lounge is in our basement area. The room is ventilated through a system that pulls fresh air in to the room and then back out, the air does not mix or recirculate between other rooms. There are no windows in the room.
• All building occupants asked to sign up to covid safety charter & contact tracing
• Venue activity is limited to business-related events and meetings, whilst we follow Covid-19 safety procedures we cannot accommodate parties, events with physical activity, alcohol or loud music/noise.
The health, safety and well being of everyone inside our building is our top priority. Please get in touch with Emma Wickham, Head of Operations if you have any questions.
All meeting rooms come equipped with high sped wifi, air conditioning, a flip chart and stationary, ceiling mounted data projectors and speakers.
You can hire out equipment for your needs, these include:
Laptop (Mac): £10+VAT
Technical Support is £20+VAT per hour (bookable for 4 hours minimum)
Please note: It will be necessary to book a Technician if your event involves a technical set-up and you are bringing in lots of your own equipment or you require AV support throughout your event.
Mon- Fri Morning Half Day:
Arrival time – 09:00
Leaving time -13:00
Mon- Fri Afternoon Half Day:
Arrival time – 13:30
Leaving time – 17:30
Mon- Fri Full Day:
Arrival time – 09:00
Leaving time – 17:30
Evening & Weekends: Our standard opening hours are 0900-1730 Monday to Friday. Our venue is available to hire outside of these hours, subject to availability, get in touch for more details.
Rates & discounts
All prices exclude VAT.
Charity/Non-profit discount 25% on room hire rate only.
Room hire cancellation policy:
Less than 48 hours notice: 80% of room hire and equipment costs.
Less than 5 days notice: 30% of room hire and equipment costs.
If you would like to check availability or book with us, you can get in touch by dropping us an email at email@example.com where Connor or Emma will be able to respond to your enquiry. Alternatively, you can fill out this booking form below and someone will get back to you.
Lighthouse aims to welcome all visitors to our building, programme and website, and strive to provide access for all. Please get in touch to discuss any access needs via firstname.lastname@example.org (regularly checked by a person who is disability informed) or by calling 01273 647 197.